Hey, everyone! This week, I had some days where I had to be up and out of the house earlier than usual. It’s pretty near impossible to get my tired body out of bed so that I can have an hour to spare and spend on primping, and once the kids are up, forget it. So, I have to improvise, and by improvise I don’t mean skip makeup entirely. (Luckily, I prefer to wear my hair up, so that takes no time at all!)
In reality, I would rather devote 15 minutes to painting my face (more details below). But I challenged myself to finish a complete makeup look in 5 minutes or less, and I came in at exactly 5 minutes. Here is the breakdown:
- Foundation: 60 seconds
- Under eye concealer: 30 seconds
- Blush and highlighter: 45 seconds total
- Finishing powder: 15 seconds
- Eyeshadow: 45 seconds
- Eyeliner: 20 seconds
- Mascara: 60 seconds
- Eyebrows: 15 seconds
- Lips: 10 seconds
Ta-dahhhhh! Makeup in 5 minutes.
Here are the products I used:
- Foundation: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in shade 5.5
- Under eye concealer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment in Light (Keep it lighter than your foundation.)
- Blush and highlighter: tarte Energy Noir Clay Palette (I used my finger- yes, my finger- to dab the highlighter above my blush line, on temples, under peaks of brows, down the bridge of my nose, and on Cupid’s bow.)
- Finishing powder: NYX Set it & Don’t Fret It Matte Finishing Powder (applied to forehead, t-zone, and under eyes with a fluffy brush)
- Eyeshadow: same palette
used for cheeks- tarte Energy Noir Clay Palette
- Eyeliner: Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliner in Pitch Black (applied only along top lash lines)
- Brows: NYX Tinted Brow Msacara in Brunette
- Mascara: CoverGirl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara– If you missed which high-end mascara this is a major dupe for, check it out here.
- Lips: Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Pink Nude. I chose this because no extra layers, such as balm or gloss, are required and because it matches my lips, which means it’s foolproof.
Here are some things like to do when I do have the extra time to primp:
- Add brow powder beneath the brow mascara
- Add darker shades of eyeshadow to the corners of my eyes
- Spend more time applying mascara
- Layer a redness-reducing primer underneath my foundation
- Depends on the occasion, but maybe add eyeliner to the bottom lids
- Just spend extra time overall
That’s what’s up in time-saving makeup today. Would you be satisfied with this routine? What are your quick makeup tips? Please comment, follow, and share!